Oklahoma Business Owners: 10 Tips To Reduce Pests
Protect your Tulsa area business from the threat of pest infestations with these Pest Control Tips.
As a business owner, you are probably well aware of the importance of maintaining a safe working environment. One thing that can hurt your image and reputation are insects, rodents and nuisance wildlife. A filthy workplace increases the risk for injury as well as illness and disease. Pests such as cockroaches, spiders, ants, silverfish, termites and nuisance wildlife can cost you if not dealt with in timely fashion. This controllable problem can become a serious problem. So, to help avoid any of the above situations, here are 10 tips to Reduce Pests.
1) The first thing any business should do is sign up for regular scheduled pest control services to protect your business year round. In addition to your own pest prevention measures, having regular commercial pest control services is essential to avoiding the threats that pests bring.
2) Inspect the exterior of the facility and fill in or close off any cracks, holes, or other openings. You want to provide as few entry points as possible to minimize pest problems.
3) Make sure all doors or entry areas are protected with screens or other barriers. Facilities with loading docks may want to consider flaps or other large screens that will help keep pests from getting inside.
4) Take the trash outside at the end of every day because trash is the starting point for most pest problems. Pests such as rodents, cockroaches and flies thrive in conditions where trash is not properly dealt with.
5) Be sure that dumpsters are located away from the exterior of the facility since they tend to attract flies and many other critters. A good rule of pest control is to keep the dumpsters as far away as possible. All dumpsters or other trash receptacles need to be closed off with lids. Also, do not allow cardboard boxes, crates or other trash to accumulate outside the dumpster.
6) All food surfaces should be sanitized before and after each use to prevent the spread of bacteria and disease from pests like flies.
7) Any open food should be sealed in airtight containers so that pests cannot gain access.
8) Always take cardboard outside instead of letting it pile up in the facility. This only creates conditions in which roaches and flies can multiply. Clutter should always be kept to a minimum, even eliminated altogether so that pests do not have the opportunity to hide and multiply.
9) Heavy landscaping and water features can attract pest such as spiders, cockroaches, ants, birds, nuisance wildlife animals that could easily become an ongoing problem.
10) Implement employee training so that staff can recognize the signs of pests as well as knowing exactly how to report a pest problem with discretion.
To learn more about Commercial Pest Control Services in Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Jenks and Bixby, Oklahoma, contact EnviroTech Exterminating today at (918) 282-7621. We offer a variety of pest control services custom tailored to fit your business or residential pest control needs. Our specialized pest control programs are safe, effective and allow you to get back to doing what's important.EnviroTech Exterminating Broken Arrow, Oklahoma Got Pests? Call (918) 282-7621
Locally Owned and Operated in Broken Arrow and Servicing the Tulsa metro area including Bixby, Jenks and other metro cities.